Network Ten threw a spectacular launch party this evening for upcoming home makeover show, The Renovators, inviting sales clients, TEN talent and media to preview one of the year’s most highly anticipated new formats.
Set in the “Warehouse”, the largest television set in Australia, landscape architect and host of the program, Brendan Moar, along with judges Barry Du Bois (master builder), Robyn Holt (ex Vogue Living editor) and Peter Ho (architect) welcomed over 300 guests along with the nation’s Top 26 Renovators.
The Top 26 Renovators chosen to don the hardhat and have their skills pushed to the limit consist of:
- Nine renovators from NSW including a police officer turned self-taught renovator,
- Six renovators from VIC varying from a demolition expert to an owner of a family ice creamery business
- The original “Meadow Lea” man is one of three lucky renovators from QLD
- SA brought four renovators to the workbench including an intensive care nurse who saves style-deprived homes in her spare time
- Another four contestants come from WA – a whopping 6 foot 9 wharfie and a 5 foot 2 pocket rocket amateur renovator and mum
Guests were treated to a preview of the six Sydney ‘houses from hell’ that our skilled renovators will be turning into real estate gold as well as some of the nail-biting challenges they face throughout the series.
The winner will be the last remaining contestant responsible for the property that has increased most in Value, and the prize is worth rolling up your sleeves and getting dirty for – the combined profit of each of the six houses after auction!