The wait is almost over for the Wallabies and the nation is ready to turn green and gold with just over 24 hours remaining until the opening ceremony of Rugby World Cup 2011.
Over the next six weeks, FOX SPORTS 3HD and FOX SPORTS 3 will be the home of rugby with LIVE coverage of every match, extensive pre and post-game coverage, highlights packages, regular news updates from the Wallabies camp, historic matches, weekly magazine show The Rugby Club and much more.
FOXTEL and AUSTAR subscribers will be treated to a Rugby World Cup experience like never before, with coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week throughout the tournament.
Fronting the coverage for FOX SPORTS will be rugby’s most recognised commentary team, including a collection of experts who account for a combined 210 Wallabies Test appearances. The game’s number one voice, Greg Clark, will lead the team in New Zealand alongside Phil Kearns, Tim Horan, Brendan Cannon, Greg Martin and Rod Kafer.
The FOX SPORTS commentary team will call all matches involving the Wallabies, plus tomorrow night’s opening clash between hosts New Zealand and Tonga LIVE from 6.30pm AEST. Coverage of the opening ceremony will precede the match at 5.00pm AEST.
Beyond the television coverage, FOX SPORTS is the ultimate online destination for Rugby World Cup 2011 with a purpose-built match centre to feature live scores and statistics and enable fans to review every try just minutes after they are scored.
FOX SPORTS News will feature up-to-the-minute coverage of the tournament with three dedicated Rugby World Cup bulletins at 8am, midday, and 9pm AEST each day, plus regular crosses to reporters Gerard Middleton and dual international Russell Fairfax on location with the Wallabies in New Zealand.
Fans can also stay in the know whilst on the move with a fully-featured Rugby World Cup 2011 section on the FOX SPORTS mobile site m.foxsports.com.au (for iPhone and Android devices) and extended highlights packages of all Wallabies and finals matches on the FOX SPORTS iPad app, FOX SPORTS View.
FOX SPORTS RUGBY WORLD CUP COVERAGE
· 24/7 coverage on FOX SPORTS 3HD & FOX SPORTS 3
· LIVE coverage of all 48 matches (including the Rugby World Cup Final on October 23).
· All matches in High Definition.
· All matches ad-break free during live play.
· LIVE pre-game coverage before every match.
· Classic Rugby World Cup matches from the archives, as well as daily and weekly highlights shows.
· The Rugby Club each Thursday night at 8.30pm AEST, hosted by Nick McArdle.
· FOX SPORTS commentary team of Greg Clark, Tim Horan, Phil Kearns, Greg Martin, Brendan Cannon and Rod Kafer to call all Wallabies matches, plus tournament opener between New Zealand and Tonga.
· News updates with Greg Clark on location in New Zealand covering the latest from the Wallabies camp