The Nine Network says there is “categorically” no deal with the family of a 14-year-old NSW boy facing drug charges in Bali.
It was reported on Sunday the family had signed a contract worth up to $300,000 to tell their story to Nine, which would spread the cost between 60 Minutes, Nine News and Woman’s Day magazine.
“There is categorically no deal,” Nine Network spokesman David Hurley told AAP today.
There were concerns that such a deal could have been damaging to the boy’s trial.
On Friday, the boy made an emotional plea to be allowed to return home and promised an Indonesian court he would never smoke marijuana again.
The teenager, from Morisset Park near Newcastle, was indicted last week on three charges, including one of possession, which carries a maximum term of six years in prison for juveniles.
A second charge relates to drug use, one of which also carries a potential jail term, while the third could result in him being ordered to undergo rehabilitation.
Source – Adelaide Now