The show begins by an introduction to the judges and their background, then the show is explained. The judges Keith, Seal, Joel and Delta take the stage and sing never never survive. The judges sit on their chairs and face the audience. Let the fighting begin!
1. Casey Withoos who is an overweight shy girl with no confidence 22 from West Melbourne sings “Samson”.
Delta turned around first. Keith second. Seal third. Joel fourth. Delta & Seal go head to head. But in the end she chooses Seal.
2. Adam Martin loves performing due to his mother’s theatre company and sings Apologise.
Keith turns around first. Joel second. Delta third. Seal didn’t believe in his voice. Delta says “she thinks they could have a little fun together exploring all his little quirks” Joel replys with “Well I know you could have fun exploring with Delta but he said they have something in common with the guitair” Even though Keith called him Martin instead of Adam he chose Keith.
3. Jerone O’Connor 25 from Newcastle. Worked in music store for 10 years but it went into liquidation. Was very nervous onstage and sang Yellow. No one turned around. Delta says remember to own the stage you’ve got nothing to lose and be fearless.
4. Yianna Stavrous 19 from Melbourne. Was in a girl group called Trinity for 5 years but left 6 months ago for a solo career. The Voice is the only way she will know its not just her looks getting her by. Sings SOS. Joel turns around first after a long wait and is automatically in his team as he was the only one to turn around.
5. Carmen Smith 28 from Sydney been a backing vocalist for 10 years, sung with Guy Sebastion, Jessica Mauboy and Stan Walker. Her dad passed away but he always believed she could be a lead singer more then she believed she could. Sings “How come you don’t call me”. Joel, Delta and Seal turn around at the same time, followed closely behind by Keith. Delta “Its not a bad place to be – Seal wants you, Joel needs you, Keith has to have you but your gonna go with me” Everyone laughs. After the adbreak she chooses Joel.
Many artists are leaving without a chair being turned…. a whole bunch of people sing but with no luck.
6. Jimmy Cupples 46 from Melbourne, father of 4 kids, and wife Kylie. Did a whole lot of gigs to make ends meet. Sings Woman. Joel turns around first. Then Keith. Joel says “You’ve got to get out of your comfort zone and stop hanging out with Australian guys, hang out with an American guy” Jimmy chooses Keith. Delta says “Can’t break the bond of the Australians”
7. Melanie Dyer 18 from Mount Russel NSW. Her first song she wrote at age 12 became the anthum for the drought appeal. Sings Domino. No one turned around. Joel says he will regret it not taking her. Seal asks her to play one of her own songs and everyone liked it alot and made them regret it more that they didn’t turn around for her. Hear an exclusive interview with Melanie and hear another of her songs at the voice website.
8. Karise Eden 19 Central Coast. Everyone turns around after a few seconds. Sings “Its a mans man world” Joel says “You are from outta space” when she says she’s from the Central Coast. Seal says he is completely lost for words. She chooses Seal. Her story will be inside Woman’s Day tomorrow.
Tomorrow night on The Voice….. Delta walks out after Guy Sebastion’s brother sings & the legally blind girl sings.