The Australia’s Got Talent Grand Final was overcome by Bieber Fever tonight as international pop superstar Justin Bieber whipped the audience into a frenzy, performing a medley of his hits As Long As You Love Me and Boyfriend and shocking judge Dannii Minogue with an impromptu serenade.
Alongside Bieber chaos, the remaining four grand finalists were revealed with singer/songwriter Andrew De Silva, country band The Wolfe Brothers, dance troupe Kookies and Kream and quick change act Soul Mystique learning they were performing for Grand Final glory alongside singer/songwriter Joe Moore, acrobatic group Odyssey, beat boxer Genesis and stripper Dylan Yeandle.
All eight grand finalists gave it their all, on a mission to take home next week’s Grand Final Decider $250,000 prize, and the glory of being crowned the winner of Australia’s Got Talent 2012.
Grand Final performance highlights included:
- Judges Kyle Sandilands, Brian McFadden and Dannii Minogue in awe of the beat boxing skills of Genesis calling him a ‘genius’ with his ability to deliver jaw-dropping beats from his mouth
- 2012 was all about the battle-of-the-bands and country rock act, The Wolfe Brothers, are the competition’s last band standing, with Dannii saying Australia had given them ‘the biggest man hug’ and Brian crediting them for changing some people’s feeling towards Country music for the better
- Stripper Dylan Yeandle took his act to the next level with a Shetland pony joining in on the unabashed fun, Brian revealing he had a sore jaw from laughing so much. Dannii told Dylan ‘there are people in Vegas talking about you, so welcome to showbiz!’
- The baby faced killer Joe Moore delivered another exceptional performance, impressing the judges with his world-class songwriting ability and Kyle telling him “I’d play your songs on the radio in a heartbeat’
- Quick change artist Soul Mystique cast their spell over Kyle, who told them ‘you’ve frozen time, you have some sort of mind control over us’ and Brian praised them for delivering ‘full blown entertainment’
- Dance troupe Kookies N Kream were told they were the best dance crew AGT had seen since 2010 winners Justice Crew – Dannii telling them ‘you’ve got us in the palm of your hands and you’ve done that in every performance’
- Not in the mood for a love song, Kyle was skeptical of Andrew De Silva performing a ballad for the Grand Final, but he won him over with Kyle telling him ‘you softened me within 10 seconds and that is a hit song my friend’
- Gravity defying acrobatic troupe Odyssey upped the ante for the final part of their trilogy, performing world-class tricks that should be executed landing into water not on to the AGT stage floor. Brian was so impressed he said ‘I think that AGT this year is a straight out dogfight between you guys and Andrew De Silva’
The winner of Australia’s Got Talent 2012 is now in the hands of the audience at home. The most popular viewer voted act from tonight’s Grand Final Performance show will be crowned the winner in next week’s Grand Final Decider.
THE WOLFE BROTHERS CALL 1902 55 75 02 or SMS ‘WOLFE’ to 1977 88 88
KOOKIE N KREAM CALL 1902 55 75 06 or SMS ‘KOOKIES’ to 1977 88 88
ANDREW DE SILVA CALL 1902 55 75 07 or SMS ‘ANDREW’ to 1977 8888
You can also vote using the AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT APP FOR IPHONE.
**For terms and conditions go to www.australiasgottalent.com.au
AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT - GRAND FINAL DECIDERWEDNESDAY 25 JULY 7:30PM ON SEVEN