Over the next four weeks GRUEN SWEAT host Wil Anderson and regulars Todd Sampson and Russel Howcroft will be joined by guest panellists as they commentate on the ‘brandtathlon’ better known as London 2012 – exposing the marketing machine that underpins, underwrites and over-exploits the Olympics.
GRUEN SWEAT – EPISODE 1 (July 25)
Jane Flemming – heptathlete, now a sponsorship and marketing specialist
Steve Moneghetti – marathon runner who now makes his living advising athletes and sports organisations
In tonight’s episode the GRUEN team examine:
· IOC – does it stand for “Iron-fisted Omnipresent Control”? The team examines the crazy lengths taken to protect official sponsors in London during the Games. Freeze – It’s the Brand Police!
· Olympic PR 101 – Aussie athletes and social media stuff ups. Are their responses worse than the original mistakes?
· Our Aussie athletes – what to do if the “naughty kids” win Gold for Australia?
· Personal Worst – each week the Gruen team will showcase the WORST performances by athletes in TV commercials. Front runner for tonight? Canadian drug cheat, sprinter Ben Johnson, and his energy drink ad. It’s BAD!
· THE PITCH – Shani Langy (Play Communication) vs Andrew Turley (Convert)
The challenge: A campaign to convince Australians that a 100% tolerance, all-drugs-are-okay, performance-enhanced Olympics is the only way forward.